Delta Dental has tons of good suggestions for how to improve your dental health in the new year, and we think these are pretty good resolutions for all of us! Here are some of the best ones:
* Brush 2-3 times each day, and floss every day
* Eat plenty of fruits and veggies
* Give up any bad habits–chewing ice, sipping coffee slowly throughout the day, etc.
Our previous blog posts have lots of suggestions as well; we’d add:
* Think about adding a brushing session after a meal. If you normally don’t brush after lunch, take a toothbrush to the office or school and give it a try. Or, if you normally don’t brush after dinner and just wait until bedtime, try a quick brushing session after your evening meal.
* Add some fruits with natual whitening abilities (like strawberries) or natual abrasive qualities (like apples) to help you “brush” without a brush.
* Try to nip bad habits in the bud. We’ve got a blog post on chewing ice, opening stuff with your teeth, and on some other bad habits–see if you can catch yourself in the act and correct your behavior.
Here are the rest of the suggestions from Delta Dental.
Happy 2015 to all of you, and may it be your best year of dental health yet!